GM's U.S. Sales up 11 percent for Best April in Five Years
General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) sold 237,646 vehicles in the United States in April, up 11 percent compared with a year ago. Retail sales increased 10 percent, fleet sales were up 16 percent and the fleet mix was 28 percent of total sales.
April Highlights (vs. 2012)
* All four GM brands posted higher total and retail sales.
* Crossovers were up 14 percent; trucks, which include pickups, vans and SUVs, were up 17 percent; and car sales were up 6 percent.
* Large pickups were up 23 percent.
* Strong sales of the all-new Chevrolet Spark and double-digit sales increases for the Buick Verano , the Chevrolet Sonic and the Chevrolet Cruze drove a 31 percent increase in sales of GM mini, small and compact cars.
* The new Chevrolet Malibu achieved its best sales and retail segment share since launch.
Ryan NagorsenVideo StrategistUnited Statesryan.email@example.com
Nicole YellandAst. Mgr. Broadcast Communications, Story BureauUnited Statesnicole.firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE FROM CORPORATE
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEEDXML
GM-NASA Space Robot ‘Power’ Glove Finds New Life on Earth
General Motors annonce l'expansion des travaux d'ingénierie et de développement de logiciels des véhicules connectés et autonomes au Canada en vue d'atteindre un total d'environ 1 000 postes
General Motors Announces Expansion of Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Engineering and Software Development Work in Canada to Reach Approximately 1000 Positions With Oshawa Tech Centre Now at Capacity, GM Will Open New Markham Software Centre this Year